Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I Spy Something Yellow

Tiny yellow blooms are popping up all over in the garden.  Though small, their cheery hue is a welcome sight and reminds me of spring more than any other color.  I went on a photo scavenger hunt to see how many yellow blooms I could find.  

I found this tiny yellow crocus blooming inconspicuously at the base of a large oak tree.


This beautiful snow crocus was pushing its way up through a shroud of last year's leaves.



Crocus chrysanthus 'Cream Beauty'

This vertically challenged daffodil, Narcissus 'February Gold' played beautifully off the complimentary purple Tommies nearby.

Little yellow flowers have appeared on Cornus mas located in the Hillside Garden.


And finally, these pale yellow flowers adorned the otherwise naked stems of Jasminum nudiflorum planted in the hillside garden above the driveway.


I am anticipating the explosion of yellow from the Forsythia and larger daffodils in the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment