Thursday, December 13, 2012

A Beginning and an End

It is with a bit of sadness that I (Beth) write my last post.  It has been my privilege to be at Welkinweir as the Horticultural Fellow for a year and a half.  I have thoroughly enjoyed caring for the arboretum and being in charge of this blog.  It will be someone else's responsibility now, as I am moving on to new adventures in Arizona.  But the holidays are not a time to be sad!  The Welkinweir estate house was beautifully decorated for the holiday open house this past weekend.  I took pictures of some of the decorations for those who were unable to attend.




Students from OJR decorated our entry with silver and blue.  I think they did a fine job.



I was able to help decorate the tree this year.  It was a silver and gold theme with a bird influence.






Some of the ornaments were cute little hand-made animals created at the Children's Holiday Workshop.

I was walking around the grounds this morning to see if there was anything of interest for this post, and I encountered a hellebore in bloom.  I think it is very fitting to end my last post on the same note that I began this blog.   (The real first post was about snow, but I'm ok with not having pictures of that today.)  

Enjoy this parting shot of a bashful hellebore. :) 


Please continue to check this blog, as I am sure there will be many exciting posts in the future.  And come visit Welkinweir!  http://welkinweir.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment